We intend to provide our Services in the United States. Accordingly, this Policy, and our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below) is governed by U.S. law. We do not represent or warrant that the Application, or any functionality or feature thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. If you choose to access or use the Application from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with any and all local laws, rules and regulations. By using the Application and submitting any Personal Information from outside the United States, you acknowledge that the Application is subject to U.S. law and consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States, which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
Personal Information We Will Collect
In order for you to use the Services, we will require you to provide us with identifying information (“Personal Information”). We and our service providers will collect Personal Information from you that includes, but is not limited to: (1) your name and your contact data (such as your e-mail address, phone number, billing and physical addresses, and your Application login and password); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); (3) insurance information (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan); (4) payment information (such as your credit or debit card number); (5) confirmation that your Provider provided services to you; and (6) health and medical data (such as the previous doctors, dentists or other health care providers you visited, your reason for visiting those providers, your date of visiting providers, your medical history and condition, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us) that you provide through the Application. If you communicate with us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
In addition to the information that we collect directly from you, we may also collect certain Personal Information about you from or on behalf of Your Providers. We use and disclose this information only in accordance with your express authorization which you provide when you use the Application. Please be aware that if you o subsequently withdraw your authorization, you will not be able to use the Services through the Application.
We may also collect information about the location of your mobile device with your consent. Please see below under “How We Collect Non-Personal Information” for additional information about our collection of location information.
In connecting you with a Medical Provider the Application will collect Personal Information from you and transmit it electronically. We will use administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the security and privacy of information held in the Application. Our infrastructure is kept in a secured data center that protects against unauthorized access to the physical servers, backups and any element used to store and/or process personal data. Only authorized personnel can access the data center. Our systems and databases are backed up regularly to help protect the data in case of a catastrophe. The data center that stores our servers has policies and procedures in place designed to safeguard the equipment that our data is stored on. We regularly upgrade our system software to include the latest security features. Our servers are protected by a firewall system, which is designed to keep unwanted traffic or access out of our computer network. We also employ an intrusion prevention service (IPS) provided by a secured data center operated by a professional company. We also use security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called "authentication." All communication between our Web server, your browser and our mobile apps is encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to guard against network eavesdroppers. Your password is internally encrypted in our system to prevent unauthorized access to the system. Validations are built throughout the application to capture the most reliable information. Only the last 4 digits of your credit card number is stored on our servers.
Neither Remedy nor any other party not working directly with the Medical Providers will be authorized to access your medical information. Remedy will transmit any medical information describing your symptoms (or that of any minor for whom you are requesting Services) to any independent Medical Practice in a secured electronic transaction. You have a right to a paper copy of any medical information that Remedy transmits (including that of a minor for whom you are acting), and a right to amend medical information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Tracking and/or Analytics Services.
We may use mobile application tracking and/or analytics services. These services may record unique mobile gestures such as tap, double-tap, zoom, pinch, scroll, swipe and tilt but do not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in the Application. These services do not track your browsing habits across mobile applications that do not use the same services. We are using the information collected by these services to understand user behavior and optimize site performance.
We will also use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) in order to recognize users and assess traffic patterns, and we will include web beacons and cookies in our email messages in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
How We Will Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information to:
- respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to arrange transportation for a house call or to establish a telephone conference;
- send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Application, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- schedule and provide services related to house call appointments, for example, to send to you appointment confirmation; communicate with you and your Providers regarding your health status, appointments and related services provided by your Provider; obtain or facilitate payments for appointments and related services provided by your Provider and send you payment receipts; and provide you with related customer service;
- confirm that services you request were provided to you by your Providers;
- send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- allow you to send messages to a friend through the Application (please note that, by using such functionality, you are agreeing that you have the right to provide to us your friend's name and e-mail address for such purpose);
- personalize your experience on the Application by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- further our business purposes, such as quality assessment, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Application, improving our services, identifying usage trends, developing tools which help you assess the performance, competence and qualifications of healthcare professionals and conducting training programs for such professionals, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
Our use of your Personal Information may also be subject to certain restrictions set forth in an agreement between us and your Provider.
How Personal Information Will Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information will be disclosed:
- to our contracted service providers that provide services such as hosting of the Application, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services;
- to Providers, including your Providers, to schedule and fulfill appointments and provide healthcare services and confirm those services were delivered to you;
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Application;
- for other treatment, payment or health care purposes of your Provider;
- a successor company in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
Our disclosure of your Personal Information may also be subject to certain restrictions set forth in an agreement between us and your Provider.
Non-Personal Information We May Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. The types of Non-Personal Information that we collect are described in more detail below under “How We Collect Non-Personal Information.”
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
We and our contracted service providers will collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your device: Certain information is collected automatically through your device, such as your operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, language, the name and version of the software application you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Application functions properly and to understand usage of the Application.
- Through server log files: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user uses the Application, along with the time of the use and the pages visited within the Application. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as helping to calculate Application usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Application.
- Physical Location: If you give us your consent, we may collect information about the physical location of your device, for example, using your device’s GPS functionality. We may use such information to provide you with personalized location-based services and content (for example, information regarding local Providers). We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. You will be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: We will collect Non-Personal Information such as your general geographic location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide such information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Application.
- By de-identifying information: Aggregated Personal Information is information that is derived from Personal Information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Application. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code or a particular medical condition.
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your zip code with your name, or with your name together with a medical condition). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
The Application will feature community areas and other public forums where users can share information and post reviews or questions. Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or forum is open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any Personal Information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. Specifically, you may opt-out from:
- Receiving marketing-related e-mails from us based upon your Personal Information: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing related e-mails by using the Unsubscribe feature embedded in the email or by mailing us at the address below.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such sharing by mailing us at the address below.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates with whom we have already shared such information (i.e., to which we have already provided such information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you; you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access or update your Personal Information
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by logging into your account within the Application. We will try to comply with your request to update your Personal Information as soon as reasonably practicable. We are not responsible for changing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information. You may have additional rights to access, correct or modify the health information that is held by your Provider.
USE OF APPLICATION BY MINORS
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. Upon your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your account and the Personal Information in your profile; however, it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by us, and we may be required by law or our agreement with your Provider to retain certain information. We have no obligation to delete any data or information you provide on a Medical History Form following termination of your account or the account of any Provider to whom your Medical History Form was submitted through the Services. Registered users who wish to close their account should mail us at the address below.
5307 Hwy 290W, Bldg. B, Ste. 1
Austin, TX 78735
Please note that e-mail communications are not always secure; so please do not include health information, credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail messages to us.
Last Revised: April 16, 2016